Sunday, December 02, 2007

What? Another consulting job for Ex-Fed?

It has been a long time since my last posting and a lot has been going on for Ex-Fed. I have been on a couple of very nice trips and a cruise but also have taken another job. That is what this posting is about.

I had a call from a friend (acquaintance) who said she was working as a consultant in classification for the old Agency. Well, I thought that was just perfect for her as she obviously knew position classification inside and out. Within 2 months, she called me and said the job was not to her liking at all and she was quitting. Little did I know what was just around the corner.

I received a call from a staffing agency in Washington DC and they offered me the same job as my friend had just left. It was only going to be for a month so I took it. Mrs. Ex-Fed and I have 1 car so I actually rented a car from Rent-A-Wreck for a month so I could commute to the old Agency. I stayed and worked for that month and found out that my old buddy did not know classification as well as I thought she did. Lots of actions were messed up and I had to fix them but that was no problem. The HR Officer was new to the Agency and said she was relying on me to do the position classification since her staff knew nothing about it. The month went by and the HR Officer asked me to stay – at a higher hourly salary, of course. I agreed to do that but only for 2 days a week. She tried to get me to work a schedule of 3 days a week but I relented to say I would only work 3 days once in a while when necessary.

The 2 days a week is actually not bad. My tiny office space is ridiculous but I can manage it. I am planning on staying now until the end of February of 2008 so I can collect some Social Security in addition to my Federal retirement. It is legal and I may as well take advantage of the system.

I honestly have to say I kind of enjoy the work. I think it is the feeling I am appreciated for my knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Asbestos
Asbestos http://www.blogger.com/app/blog.pyra?blogID=7915469